Saturday, June 13, 2020

Power & Powerlessness: A Paradox

Musings~ inspired by our discussion and experiences this week, and also April Harter's work.

In order to ground in our power & be effective allies..
we need to face & feel the places where we feel powerless - otherwise, they make us act really weird and unhelpful even when we want to be helpful. 

Last night, we watched The Hate U Give (which is streaming for free right now on Fandango!), which was amazing and powerful and transformative for us.

And I felt something crack open in me, this huge heartbreak that I’ve tried to hold at arm’s length and channel into big picture plans, into things I could do, or even saviorship actions.

It touched this raw grief in me where I had to face this really little part of me that’s just like, there’s all this pain going on Right Now and there’s nothing I can do to take it away.

Paradoxically, I felt this deep sense of peace touching that. This deep sense of love for the world.

It felt like coming home to this soul-deep, thick-rooted ancestral heartbreak, and I wasn’t alone in feeling or holding it, it was so much older than me.

And the thing is, it did make me want to act. It made me want to be in the streets. But from this full-bodied, embodied place of holy rage and love, the Mother’s rage. Not the frustrated freaked out social media rage.

Ironically, to contact my power, I had to face my feeling of powerlessness that I had hidden away. 

So I want to ask, what are the places of powerlessness in us that we need to face, in order to come into our power?

(This- this is inner justice!)

Excited for our call soon <3
T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Documenting my process of working with fear

I feel so weepy. So tired, so wretched, so heartbroken, but soft and strong below that. I'm going to do an Isabella suggested practice. ...